Pages

2.03.2014

Support, Support, Support

So this next post is going to be a little different than the rest. While what I'm about to say has everything to do with becoming a successful teacher, it doesn't exactly come from specific chapters in the book or readings. It does come straight from my heart though....and head.

Support is such a huge aspect in the education system. We need to support our students, we need support as teachers, we need support from the home, and from the community. That is how success is found...through support.

When we support our students as teachers, parents, and community members we are able to reach them in ways not typically known. We connect with them and find out how they learn best. We are all so different and we all deserve that support. 

Throughout my life I have had surmountable support from all of the above. One more so than the rest. This would be my family. As cliche as it may sound they mean the world to me. Not only in my education, but in my life they have always been by my side, pushing me through to the bitter end. Without them I would never be at this blessed time of my life. I know not all of our students will have this same support and it breaks my heart. I want to create this support for them the best I can, but help will always be needed. 


This post is dedicated to them, my family, my future students with little support, those who have done all they can to help in bringing up the future of our nation. Cheers to you America.

Later days,
Laurel (like Carl)

1 comment:

  1. This is great... and I think you'll be able to relate it reading that is yet ahead of you... So I'll give you all but one of the points for addressing "the reading" -- and you'll get that added back in when you come to it again in a future chapter. (You will have well over the points you need for an A for this project... please don't be frustrated at my point system). It's inspiring now, just as it is... and that inspiration will grow as you figure out HOW you can provide support for your students. 4 pts.

    ReplyDelete